Monday, December 17, 2007

Loose Hardware

It will be 3 weeks on Thursday since I got my braces on. Last Friday, I had to go in to the ortho because one of my brackets came loose after brushing my teeth. It was on my lower left molar, all the way in the back. I was worried that one of the right ones would come off where my tooth came down on the bracket ... or one of my front teeth since they are crowns and brackets don't always bond with the crown. Hopefully that will be the only bracket that comes loose on me. So they put the new bracket on, and since the wire was too short to turn under like they had done the first time around, she put a dab of glue on the tip, but I feel like it is poking me. I have been getting one canker sore after another on my upper lip, and have another in the back where the bracket/wire is rubbing. I guess I should put some wax back there. The sides of my cheeks are pretty torn up right now, they get caught in between my back molars when I chew, and my bite now has changed where it feels like only my back molars touch when I bite down, provided I move move my cheeks out of the way first.

My TM Joints seem to be acting up as well. They are sore and achy. I don't know if it is from the increased clenching I seem to be having at night, or the fact that my bite is changing from the braces and straining my joints more.

So, other than the canker sores and achy joints, I think things are going pretty well.

No comments: