Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pokey wire ...

I finally was able to see last night what was going on in the back of my mouth. I tried to take a picture of it tonight, but I wasn't able to get my camera to focus on the back of my mouth. Basically, on the right lower, the wire is very neatly folded in behind my last tooth. On the lower left, she had just put the dab of glue on the tip of the wire, but that doesn't stop it from poking my cheek and creating a very nice sized sore in the back of my mouth. So I am trying to load it up with wax, which helps, but I can't always get it to stick on back there for very long. So now I need to figure out if I can deal with this until the end of January at my next adjustment, or if I need to go in. I have already been in twice since getting my braces on not even three weeks ago, and I don't want to be labeled as that "problem" patient ... so I am going to see if I can stick it out. I will need to get some more wax, though ... since I think I will be going through it pretty quickly! The good news is that the canker sores in the front of my mouth have healed up, so they luckily didn't take too long to go away ... now let's just hope they stay that way.

No comments: