Monday, December 17, 2007

Oral Hygiene ...

I read somewhere that plaque slows the movement of teeth when your braced. I never was an avid flosser before I got my braces on, but now i won't go a day without flossing ... I want to do everything possible to make sure that I am doing my part in making this process as speedy as possible, as well as ensuring optimal results. A lot of good it would do to have the surgery and a perfect bite if I didn't take care of my teeth.

The first day I flossed with my braces on, I think it took about 20 minutes. I bought some of the Superfloss and tried that, since I thought it would be much more convenient then using a threader and save some time. Well, it was convenient, but when I got back to my molars (especially where I had fillings), sometimes it was hard to get it between my teeth, and my teeth just shred it. So then I bought the Crest Glide Threader Floss. It is quite a bit more expensive than the Superfloss, but it is worth it! It is so easy, I can get it in between my teeth more easily, and it doesn't shred! So that is my plug for the day ...


1 comment:

Braced Blogger said...

This is a great tip! I just got braced yesterday, and I shredded six strands of Superfloss in 30 minutes. I still can't get between two teeth in one area. Is this normal? I feel like I was trying so hard that I was shaking. I wonder if something is in the way - I'm sure there is no way my teeth could move that fast (like in 12 hours after getting braces)?