Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 6 post-op

This morning I though my swelling had gone up since yesterday, but I think it is definately much better this afternoon. The thing that is causing me the most discomfort for me at this time is the congestion. My mom called Dr. P this morning because she had a few questions for him, and he suggested that I take Dimetapp instead of Sudafed, he though I might have had a bit of an alergic reaction to the Sudafed. In any case, he wants me to come in tomorrow vs. the Thursday appointment we had scheduled. Even though I have most of my feeling, I can really feel the tingles today, my lips feel a bit raw, and I seem to be more sensitive to cold than I was before. I wouldn't same I am in pain, it is just different, a wierd sensation.

As of this morning, I was back to the weight I originally was when I went in for surgery. So since last Tuesday, I gained 8 lbs and lost it. I definately expelled more liquids today than I took in, so I am thinking tomorrow morning I'll show some weight loss on the scale. I still feel very bloted though.

I have to really take it easy on talking, I think I've pushed myself to hard and now I am really stiff, so I "sound" much worse than I did before, but that is just because I am congested now and my lips have become more stiff when talking.

I have been pleasantly surprised that I don't feel like I am starving yet. I have been surviving on water, chicken and beef broth, vitamin water, sprite and apple juice, but I have been making sure to get lots of those down, so I haven't felt too hungry. I can be drinking all day, though, and still don't think I come close to 1000 calories. I wonder if he'll give me the ok tomorrow to go on the blended diet, or if I have to stay on the clear liquids another week.

My mom and I went for a walk this afternoon, and when we got home the owner of the Rottweiler was at my house. She appologized profusely and said they decided to put the dog down. It made me feel a lot better that they had remorse for the situation, because I didn't feel that way on Friday. I am also glad it won't have the opportunity to hurt anyone in our neighborhood. It has to be quarantined for 10 days (in a kennel), and then it will be put down. So now I can take a normal route on my walks vs. cutting through other people's lawns. Everyone in our neighborhood is breathing a sigh of relief right now.

So, here are the pics from day 6. The bruising on my face is almost gone, most of what I have now is on my neck and chest.


Katherine said...

hi Stephanie,
You look SO good! I showed my husband your pics (he's a dr. and has a pretty good sense of the healing times) and he thought you looked great, too. Big difference on day 6. I can already "see" your new profile, and though your upper jaw is swollen, of course, I think your frontal portrait really shows how the surgery balances your pretty features.

I was so sorry to hear about your dog being attacked. It must have been a difficult decision for your neighbor to put their dog down, and though better for everyone, it helps explain the 2-day delay.

Hope everyone at your house feel better soon.

Rachel said...

You look great!! Your swelling has really gone down. Mine was almost gone by day 9 and it looks like you're on the same path. That bruising tends to linger, but you can't really see it. I hope you get some blended food soon!